The countdown is on to Christmas!
If you celebrate this holiday, it’s basically GO TIME! The malls are packed, gifts need to be wrapped and food needs to be planned. While time for yourself seems impossible in these days leading up to the holiday, I’m going to give you 10 ways to practice a little self-care to prepare you for the holiday (I’m writing this blog from a pedicure chair which is my way of practicing a little self-care during this busy season.)
Do one each day from today until December 25. They take less than 30 minutes and cost little to nothing to do.
- Listen to an uplifting podcast or audiobook while wrapping gifts or as you run errands. Positivity is contagious and will leave you feeling happier. Check out some positive podcasts here.
- Soak your feet with Epsom salts and a few drops of essential oils. Learn more about the right oil blend for whatever ails you.
- Take your holiday cards to a quiet place to address and send (library, coffee shop, café). Write something personal in them if possible.
- Give yourself a mini-facial with a soothing/calming mask like these.
- Call (not text) a friend you miss and catch up for a half hour or talk to a stranger in line at the store. People crave personal connection these days. You may learn something interesting.
- Send letters of gratitude to troops or drop off extra holiday cards to a local nursing home for seniors who are spending the holidays alone.
- Stretch for 15 minutes. Here’s a good stretching workout.
- Watch a comedy special on Netflix, Hulu, etc. Laughing reduces stress.
- Buy $5 gift cards from your favorite coffee shop and give them to people who could use a break (nurses, first responders, a server at your favorite restaurant)
- Meditate for 20 minutes before the festivities of the day. Learn more about how to meditate if you’ve never done it.
Bonus tip: write down something you are grateful for each morning. As soon as you wake or while you drink your coffee – but don’t let the day get away from you without taking a moment to recognize your good fortune in this life.
It’s All About Finding Joy in Simplicity
The holidays don’t have to be stressful if you take a few minutes every day to center yourself and do something that refills your spirit. Try one thing from the list each day or more than one if you have the time. You shouldn’t be the last thing on your list of priorities.
Keep it simple and focus on what brings you a little bit of joy. The less complicated the better. Do these things on your own or invite a friend along to spread the holiday happiness.
And, if you are finding you are ready to focus fully on your wellness after the craziness of the holidays settles down, join other like-minded women in the Little Black Dress project that kicks off January 7 for 6-weeks. This whole-person wellness program is focused on nutrition, fitness, inner and outer confidence, empowerment and much more. It’s more than losing weight. It’s about feeling stronger and more confident. Learn more here: www.niki-campbell.com/littleblackdress. Take $100 off until December 24 with coupon code LBD100.